Soft Skills in Management
In today’s competitive, global market environment, your success is a combination of your technical skills or “hard” skills, and of your “soft” skills. Your level of accomplishment and advancement hinges upon the educated blending of both of these skills sets.
Soft skills, also known as Emotional Intelligence, are nontechnical skills such as: leadership, verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, active listening, and motivation. They are simple, yet complex areas of expertise that help people to survive and to succeed both socially and professionally. Soft skills are transferable to any position; they do not rely on technical abilities.
Since soft skills are a part of everyday business and personal relationships, they are often taken for granted and/or overlooked. Frequently, they are not acknowledged as areas that may require improvement, until it is too late. Today’s employers are actively seeking those individuals that they feel will help to improve their organizations’ culture and profitability. More and more corporations around the world recognize that, in order to gain a competitive advantage, they need to make sure their people know how to handle themselves at work and how to relate with their customers and peers.
In addition, the shifting economy and ever-evolving industry have expanded job roles, making it essential for the IT pro to wear many different hats. Aside from simply providing technical assistance, support pros may find themselves taking on the job of salesperson, manager, or public speaker.
- Effectively Managing Top Performers
- Moving into Management
- Crucial Skills for Tomorrow's Managers
- Moving from Technical Professional to Management
- 360-Degree Performance Appraisal
- Problem Performance Management
- The Fundamentals of Business Crises Management
- Using Change Process to Support Employees
- The Essentials of Mentoring
- Effective Delegation
- Facilitating Successfully
- Coaching with Confidence
- Managing Technical Professionals
- How to Overcome Negativity in the Workplace
- Appraising Performance
- Managing Contractors and Temporary Employees
- Management Excellence: Performance-Based Appraisals
- Advanced Management Skills